Friday, February 12, 2010

Worms

I thought I better do a post about worms. Yes I have joined the worm farm bandwagon. I actually have had a worm farm for a while now; I inherited it from my parents. Mum liked it for a while until the ants got into it. I bought a box of worms from Bunnings, grated them up some carrot and of we went. Or so I thought...

I to then had problems with ants. There is nothing more horrible then seeing your captive worms, squirming and wriggling as the ants move in. Of course I discovered the invasion when I had toddlers hungry for breakfast and I was supposed to have left the house in 15 min. I had heard that ants don't like water so throwing away all worries about water restrictions I flooded my worm farm with the hose. And I mean really flooded it. Then I had to separate the levels to help get rid of the left over ants. It was a big job!! I have had this problem a couple of times but not lately. Has anyone else suffered from a ant invasion? Any ideas what set them off? Right now though the worm (and I) are at peace, happily eating up the grated (yes they are a little precious) carrot and potato.

No comments:

Post a Comment